Friday 26 June 2015

#272: Voyage of Discovery I

I was a big fan of Galway Bay's Voyager NZ a couple of years ago, even if I was unimpressed and price-shocked on my first visit to the Black Sheep. Since then, I've amended my view of that particular bar, great as it is, and finally GBB have released Voyager in a bottle.

Of course, as is to be expected from a voyager, they've gone and swapped NZ for the US of A, and upped the alcohol to 7.5%.

Voyager U.S. is light orange, almost yellow, and slightly hazy. The instant olfactory effect is that of citrus zest and pine (obvs) with some perfumey tropical fruit in there too. Ditto says the palate; it's punchy and brings passionfruit, lime and grapefruit into the fold, managing to be juicy, sharply bitter and roundly sweet all at once. 

Simply put, it is a bitter fruit bomb of a U.S. IPA, and that's all you need to know. Go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment